Jan Brekke, M.D.
Expert Evaluations for Exceptional Outcomes
Dr. Brekke comes to us from Phoenix Arizona, where he has practiced Radiology since 1999. He brings a wide range of expertise in the field of interventional radiology and has extensive experience performing uterine fibroid embolization (a non-surgical treatment for uterine fibroids). Dr. Brekke has also expand the interventional oncology program at Appleton Medical Center. Cutting edge procedures such as Radiofrequency Ablation and Chemoembolization expand the treatment options for cancer patients. He plays an important role in helping to meet the increasing demand for the expanding field of minimally invasive procedures in Radiology.
Dr. Brekke earned his medical degree at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and completed an internship at the Marshfield Clinic in Wisconsin. Diagnostic Radiology training was completed at the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor, where he served as chief resident. This was followed by fellowship training in Interventional Radiology at the University of Michigan, where he also earned a certificate of additional qualification in Interventional Radiology. Dr. Brekke is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. He is a member of the American Roentgen Ray Society, the Society of Interventional Radiology, and the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He currently serves on the Radiology Associates of Appleton board of directors.
His special interests include:
• Uterine fibroid embolization
• Angiography and peripheral vascular intervention
• Percutaneous biopsies and drainages
• Facet and S-I joint injections for pain relief
• Interventional Oncology (Radiofrequency ablation, Cryoablation and Chemoembolization)
Dr. Brekke’s practice sites include:
• ThedaCare Appleton Medical Center
• ThedaCare Physicians Family Physicians (North Appleton, Memorial, Midway, Kimberly)
• Primary Care Associates of Appleton
• ThedaCare Shawano Medical Center
• ThedaCare Physicians Pediatrics (Appleton North)