Maher Salahi, M.D.
Expert Evaluations for Exceptional Outcomes
Dr. Maher Salahi brings comprehensive training and experience in interventional radiology to Radiology Associates of Appleton. Dr. Salahi has extensive clinical training in vascular and nonvascular radiologic interventional procedures and has also been in engaged in clinical research as well. He maintains the highest clinical care standards for patients from initial evaluation to treatment and outpatient followup as part of the interventional radiology team at Radiology Associates of Appleton.
His special interests include:
- Tumor therapy (chemoebolization, radioembolization, radiofrequencey ablation and cryoablation).
- Transplant and hepato-biliary interventions, TIPS
- Venous interventions including thrombolysis and stenting for DVT treatment, IVC filter placement and removal.
- Uterine Fibroid embolization using trans-radial approach.
Dr. Salahi earned his bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering at Duke University, graduating with Cum Laude distinction. He received his medical degree from Vanderbilt University and completed his internship at University of Washington, Seattle. He was chief resident in diagnostic radiology at the University of Illinois, Chicago. Dr. Salahi then received additional fellowship training in Interventional Radiology at Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America and the Society of Interventional Radiology and the Society of Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Maher’s practice sites include:
• ThedaCare Appleton Medical Center
• ThedaCare Shawano Medical Center
• ThedaCare Physicians Family Physicians
(North Appleton, Memorial, Midway, Kimberly)
• ThedaCare Physicians Pediatrics (Appleton North)
• Primary Care Associates
• ThedaCare Berlin Hospital
• ThedaCare Wild Rose Hospital
• Clintonville Clinic
• Shawano Clinic
• Encircle Health